Healthy sugar-free biscotti for an easy afternoon tea
- 1/4 cup butter (Softened, unsalted)
- 1/4 cup SugarLike 0 Calorie Sweetener
- 1 ea egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup walnut (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C ).
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and SugarLike™ Zero Calorie Sweetener together.
- Add an eggs, beat until fluffy.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; add walnut in the mixture
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Stir with a spoon and as the dough comes together, Knead by hand.
- Roll the dough into a log about 15 inches long. Place logs onto cooking sheets. Flatten the logs out until they are about 3 inches wide with a slight hump going down the middle.
- Bake for 28 (25 to 30) minutes in the preheated oven, loaves should be firm.
- Adjust oven temperature to 325°F (163°C)
- Cut the loaves into 1/2 inch wide slices, place the slices onto the cooking sheets and back to the oven.
- Toast on one side, then turn them over to do the other side. This will take about 10 minutes for each side.
- Sugar-free! 100% sugar reduction
- It has less cholesterol and very low sodium
These are healthy biscotti – You can afford to enjoy it with a cup of coffee or tea with SugarLike™ Zero Calorie Sweetener of course.